02 December 2006

Fighting Again

*Sigh.*

No, that's not a dejected sigh - or a depressed one. It's an exhausted one. Why? My mother and I have been fighting again.

It seems to me that we fight more than we talk of late, and it's grating my nerves to be honest. Yes, I cuss too much. Yes, I'm a bit lazy. But what about my mother? She comes home from work and is tired, and I get that, but I've become something of a lap dog more than her son since my dad left five - almost six, now - years ago. I'm getting pissed, and I'm getting sick and tired.

Now, you might say I should be more understanding. Believe me when I tell you that we've all been terribly patient. But my mother refuses to get a divorce despite the fact that he's caused more trouble in the last five years than I ever did as a kid and isn't just hurting himself; he's emotionally unstable, I think, and he's making other people (such as my mother, for example) just the same way. We've all given up trying to argue that point, but we do drop hints now and again.

And then there's this dependency on me. My mother is apparently terrified that I'll take off and abandon her. I think she should get counceling. She doesn't need to know where I am 24/7 - I'm 22, for Christ's sake - yet she gets pissed if she finds out I'm somewhere that I didn't tell her I would be. Plus, she has me doing things she could very well do herself - like get her a pop, which she says she can't do because it's too much of a hassle; yes, that area's a bit of a mess, but it wouldn't be if she wasn't such a pack rat and would actually get off her ass long enough to do something about it. I'm certainly not going to do it; it's her shit, not mine.

And so you see a small bit of the problem. I'm just tired of all the damn arguing, sick and tired to the bone. Plus, she keeps telling me I'm fat - which pisses me off to no end. I know I'm fat; I don't need her to point it out for me. But she doesn't seem to get the fact that some of us, despite a lack of emotional insanity (aka senility, which I think she has and then some), I do get insulted by some things. You'd think she'd be just a bit more sensitive. And women say men are the insensitive ones? Shit.

*Breathes.*

And there's my rant for the day, ladies and germs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home