27 October 2005

Arrogant idiots.

God, do they fucking pisse me off.

About three years ago, when I was in college and a couple quarters away from getting an AA in Liberal Arts, I joined DVR (the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation) to get some help on finding out what I wanted to go into as a career; I was told NOT to get my AA and instead focus on a program that, halfway through the first quarter, I found out wasn't even the program I needed. So what does my rep do? Tells me to withdraw from all my classes because I wasn't doing very well in one of them. Then, she tells me she's not going to help me with college anymore and instead wants me to start looking for a job; I say fine. Whatever. Only because I figured she knew what the fuck she was doing.

Next, she gets me into a job through Career Path Services and steps aside because she figures that the guy I'm working with knows the place and thet people; instead, I end up getting fire about two and a half months later because I wasn't answering the damn phone. What happened was that the phone wasn't working, but they didn't give a fuck that I'd told a supervisor about it - the supervisor told me to deal with it. Yeah, right - problem fixed, my ass. So I got fired because of their fuckup that they didn't want to admit to.

Finally, my DVR rep gets me into what she calls Job Club, which is supposed to help people with getting interviews and what-not; this is where I really found out just how much of a bitch she was. She started critiquing me on every little fucking thing - how I dress, how I act, how I speak. Everything. Today, I tell her that I need some notes back that she'd said she was going to copy and get back to me. She refused. I thought she could have done it on break (JC lasts 3 fucking hours), but apparently not.

So then, after this and numerous other problems that have now led me to geting another councelor and almost had my case file closed (not to mention the illegality of some of her actions - but don't even get me started on that), she kicks me out of JC for telling her (now pissed off enough to actually say what I've wanted to for a few sessions of JC now) that she needs to learn how to do her job.

If she had just let me get my AA three years ago, I'd probably have a pretty decent job right now; instead, I'm sitting here typing up this fucking rant against that bitch just to blow off some steam because I don't have a job righyt now and no seems to want to hire me without previous experience.

One more reason to hate the state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home